Rose Jacobs Gibson
Hagar Services Coalition, Inc.
P.O. Box 51178
Palo Alto, California 94303
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: August 31, 2016
2016 CITY-WISE: Residents 101
Have you ever wondered about City leadership in East Palo Alto?
How do City leaders make decisions and how can you let them know about your issues?
What’s happening today and in the future around East Palo Alto?
How can you get more involved and better informed?
In collaboration with the City of East Palo Alto, Hagar Services Coalition, Inc. presented the Initiative for Leadership Engagement and Development (iLEAD)’s first Local Government Learning Series on August 30, 2016 from 6:00 to 8:00 pm at the City of East Palo Alto’s City Hall Community Room.
CITY-WISE: Residents 101 was developed by Hagar Services Coalition, Inc. to inspire you to ask questions about your local government, introduce you to City staff, elected officials and community leaders who can answer your questions and to give you some tools and resources to get more involved in your community and local government.
This free community discussion was created to provide an introduction to the City of East Palo Alto. City staff and elected officials were selected for their knowledge of and participation in East Palo Alto history and their ability to engage attendees and each other in high quality, engaging, stimulating and interesting dialogue.
CITY-WISE: Residents 101 Program Agenda
- History of East Palo Alto
- Our City Government: Who works for you!
- The City of East Palo Alto’s Current and Future Growth Plans
- What makes East Palo Alto Special to you?
- Ways to “Get Involved”!
- Visit Your Community Representatives Display Tables
“How can we collaborate to bring more families to events like these?”
“Can youth serve on any Boards? Not sure their voice is heard.”
“If youth are able to attend, at what capacity could they participate to become involved?”
Our 2016 CITY-WISE: Residents 101 Presenters included:
- Rose Jacobs Gibson, President/CEO – Hagar Services Coalition, Inc.
- Albert Pardini, Chief of Police – City of East Palo Alto
- Mayor Donna Rutherford – City of East Palo Alto
- Victor Ramirez, Program Administrator – Rent Stabilization
- Vice Mayor Larry Moody – City of East Palo Alto
- Kamal Fallaha, Director – Public Works
- Councilmember Lisa Gauthier
- Guido Persicone, Planning Manager
- Marie McKenzie – Administrative Services Director
- Terrie Gillen – Deputy City Clerk
- Carlos Martinez, City Manager
- Isaac Stevenson, Jr., Senior Advisory – Committee Member and Measure C Oversight Committee Member
- Sean Charpentier, Assistant City Manager
- Raphael Alvarado, Jr., City Attorney
Attendees came from East Palo Alto, Belle Haven, Menlo Park, North Fair Oaks, and Palo Alto.
For more information about iLEAD, visit https://hagarservicescoalition.org/ilead/
To join our mailing list or to offer suggestions of future programs, visit https://hagarservicescoalition.org/contact-us/